Marking the first release of the series since 2008, and 25 years after the release of the original game, Samurai Shodown returns with its distinctive and original approach to combat focused on the use of weapons.
This new ” reboot ” of Samurai Shodown at launch presents a roster of 13 of the most beloved fan characters (in addition to 3 new entries), different characters that can be unlocked through Season Pass, a variety of competitive game modes, and the unique and innovative Mode Dojo.
Below you can see the launch trailer of the game.
In addition to the classic Versus Battle Mode, Samurai Shodown offers a number of other modes, where players can sharpen their blades.
- Training Mode: Here players can learn the basics of the game thanks to an accessible tutorial, and then refine their technique in training mode.
- Online Mode: In this mode you can challenge friends or strangers online in one of the various competitive online modes.
- Story Mode: Players can follow the adventures of each character in 18th century Japan, facing a new danger looming over the country
- Battle Mode: Here you can find a variety of challenges, including Versus, Time Trial, Survival and Gauntlet modes. Those looking for a real challenge will find their teeth in these ways.
- Dojo Mode: After playing a sufficient number of games, players can compete against their own ghost or against that of other players, and then share their ghost data online, on the leaderboards.
Samurai Shodown is now available in retail version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.