Following PlayStation Now’s recent global expansion to cover 19 territories, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced its pioneering cloud game subscription service will offer lower pricing and expand with more blockbuster games. PlayStation Now subscriptions will start at £8.99 monthly, while adding marquee, limited-time titles such as Grand Theft Auto V and God of War to the more than 700 games available on the service.
PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service on the market that uses cloud technology to deliver a breadth of unprecedented games.
Starting today, PlayStation Now, which is available on PlayStation 4 systems and PC, will be offered at the following prices, keeping in line with pricing for other entertainment streaming services. Current customers will see this price change in their next billing cycle.
- UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from 12.99 / (N/A) / 84.99)
- EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from 14.99/ (N/A)/ 99.99)
- US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from 19.99/ 44.99/ 99.99)
- JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 – yearly (from 2,500 / 5,900/ (N/A))
PlayStation Now will also expand on the industry’s largest games library for a console subscription service, with additional blockbuster content available for a limited window. These games can be streamed on a PS4 system or PC, or downloaded to a PS4 system. The new content is among the most-played and highly acclaimed games on the PS4 platform, and will be added on a monthly basis.
Launching today are:
- God of War – From Santa Monica Studio, God of War won numerous 2018 “Game of the Year” honors worldwide.
- Grand Theft Auto V – From Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V is the best-selling title of the current generation.
- inFAMOUS Second Son – From Sucker Punch Productions, one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 games to-date.
- UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End – Naughty Dog’s 2016 award winning game, including BAFTA’s 2017 “Best Game.”
“Following PlayStation Now’s expansion earlier this year, we have coverage for more than 70 percent of our global PS4 user base, making it the ideal time to revamp the service with a more compelling price and stronger content offering,” said Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge in cloud gaming since PlayStation Now’s launch in 2014. That, coupled with our 25-year legacy in the games business and strong partnerships we’ve forged with publishers, positions us to continue leading and innovating in this field as the gaming industry evolves.”
God of War, Grand Theft Auto V, inFAMOUS Second Son and UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End will be available from October 1, 2019 until January 2, 2020. Each month, the service will add a refreshed selection of marquee games that will be available for a limited period. This marquee content is on top of the existing offering of popular evergreen titles that are added to PlayStation Now on a regular basis.
With its recent expansion, SIE also begins its first-ever global marketing campaign for PlayStation Now to increase awareness in all 19 territories where the service is offered. This includes broadcast and digital campaigns, along with a new look and feel for the PlayStation Now branding.
The new TV spot can be viewed in the Youtube player below.